When we talk about medicinal cannabis, we refer to the use of its active principles (cannabinoids) to alleviate some symptoms and improve various diseases suffered by humans and animals. Although Cannabis Sativa L. has hundreds of cannabinoids, the best known, researched, and tested is cannabidiol (CBD).
These products are available in multiple online stores. You can find cheap weed and other medicinal marijuana products in several online dispensaries. This medicinal plant can be applied in different ways: vaporized, ingesting it with food, oil, smoked, etc.
In addition, there are already several drugs that include CBD in their composition: Sativex, Dronabinol, or Nabilone are some of them. However, the fact that it is not globally legalized slows its therapeutic use, harming advances in medicine, and millions of people can benefit from its qualities.
Uses of Medicinal Marijuana
Cannabis is currently used to alleviate the symptoms of various pathologies:
- It reduces the side effects suffered by cancer patients who are treated with chemotherapy (nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite).
- It prevents glaucoma since the use of medicinal cannabis reduces the pressure of the eyeball.
- It remits the seizures of epilepsy. It is proven that the use of this plant is useful to reduce the number of seizures caused by this disease. Its use to treat epilepsy in childhood is widespread.
- Thanks to its ability to whet the appetite, it is recommended in patients with anorexia and people with loss of appetite, either due to being HIV-positive or caused by other diseases.
- Minimize pain. There are incalculable patients who suffer some type of chronic pain who have seen their quality of life increased after using therapeutic cannabis.
- Medical cannabis has proven its ability as an anti-inflammatory. It is an excellent option for people suffering from arthritis or dysmenorrhea.
- The topical use of this medicinal plant has been shown to improve skin with dermatitis and some autoimmune diseases. It also has an anti-inflammatory function on the dermis and epidermis.
- CBD (cannabidiol) is beneficial for people who suffer from anxiety as it has a relaxing and calming effect without the side effects that conventional anxiolytics have.
- By possessing an endocannabinoid system, vertebrate animals can also benefit from the therapeutic qualities that medical cannabis has.
These are some of the most important uses of this medicinal plant. Many more continue to be added to these benefits as its cannabinoids, and their therapeutic effects are still being investigated. What ailment do you use it for?